Please join the members of the Beth Ami Committee on Racism and Social Justice as we explore together:
• Have time together with your community at CBA to share experiences and perhaps some sensitive discussions.
• Explore racism and white privilege in the world today and how it has directly and indirectly been a part of our lives.
• Increase our understanding and learn how racism has molded our perceptions.
• Discover ways to be antiracist and support people of color.
• Gain tools and resources to initiate and build social justice in our community.
Thursday, April 8-7:30-8:30 Recognizing Racism
Thursday, April 22-7:30-8:30 Racism and White Privilege: Join other members of Congregation Beth Ami for our second discussion on Racism. This is an opportunity to listen to a TED Talk by educator and public speaker, John Biewen, who shares his thoughts on the origin of Racism. We will learn how Racism developed into what it is today and see how it permeates our lives. What are some concrete ideas of how to educate ourselves? What can each of us do to combat its toxicity and create change? There will lots of time for questions, discussion and sharing our own experiences.
Thursday, May 6-7:30-8:30 Becoming an Ally
You can access our event on the Congregation Beth Ami website. Click on the Events at a Glance and Virtual Week Calendar to find the link. For more information contact Carol Swanson (email@example.com).
This event is sponsored and created by the Committee on Racism and Social Justice at Congregation Beth Ami; Carol Swanson, Carolyn Metz, Lyla Nathan Rabbi Mordecai Miller, Betty Boyd, Myra Thomas, Jerry Newman, Natalee Pughe, Ellen Mundell.