Fighting Over the Image: The ‘Image War’ as a Front in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
Monday, May 9, 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Dr. Moran Yarchi
In today’s conflicted reality, the question is not only whose army wins, but also whose story wins – or in other words which side is perceived as the just side. Wars today are no longer taking place only on the battlefield; alongside the military confrontation there is an image war occurring, in which each side tries to present its ideas, values and action as justified in order to receive international support. Dr. Moran Yarchi, head of Diplomacy program at Reichman University, Hertzliya, Israel, will give a presentation on the reality in which the image front plays a crucial role, focusing on recent events in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
To connect by phone, call (669) 900-6833
Meeting ID: 883 5332 0632 Passcode: 758421
Fighting the BDS War in the Entertainment Industry
May 12 at 11 am
Join the campaign to stop artists from boycotting Israel #LiberateArtfromBDS Lana Melman is an attorney and a leading expert fighting the cultural boycott campaign against Israel since 2011. Her life mission is to educate others about the tactics, strategies, and goals of the boycott effort through speaking engagements, broadcast interviews, and opinion pieces in national and international publications.
May 12 at 11 am PST
Dr. Matthew Levitt and David Daoud
Dr. Matthew Levitt is the Fromer-Wexler Fellow at The Washington Institute for Near East Policy where he directs the Institute’s Reinhard Program on Counterterrorism and Intelligence. Levitt is the author of Hezbollah: The Global Footprint of Lebanon’s Party of God, published by Georgetown University Press and Hurst Publishers. He is also the creator of the Lebanese Hezbollah Select Worldwide Activity interactive map and time, as well as the podcast Breaking Hezbollah’s Golden Rule.
David is the Co-founder and Lebanon and Hezbollah analyst at Resistance Axis Monitor as well as a research analyst on Hezbollah and Lebanon at United Against Nuclear Iran (UANI).
- Karin Stögner: Antisemitism, Israel Denial, and Gender – A Critique of Certain Intersectionalities
- Dr. Sheree Trotter and Dr. Saba Soomekh Jewish Indigeneity and The Land of Israel
- Yossi Klein Halevi Exploring Zionism and Anti-Zionism .
- Tammi Rossman-Benjamin: Denying Jewish Self-Definition: The Latest Trend in Campus Antisemitism in America and What Can Be Done About It?
- Bassam Eid, Palestinian Arab Human Rights Activist, on the politics inside Gaza and the Disputed Territories,
- Life in Israel Today – Three Perspectives Life in Israel Today—Three perspectives from a Jewish Israeli, an Arab Israeli, and a Christian Israeli Click here for more info on the speakers.
- Matti Friedman Stoking Hate: How Israel is Covered in the Media
- The Essence of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict and the Path to Lasting Peace
- Also Western Anti-Zionism and Arab Zionism
- Alyza D. Lewin “Responses and Solutions to Jew Hatred on Campus”
- Aleksandra Gliszczynska-Grabias: Do Human Rights Still Apply to the Jewish People? On Weakening the Human Rights Law Protection against Antisemitism
- Hatred Out of Control: Solutions and Challenges, featuring Anita Bromberg, President of CAEF, Leo Adler, criminal lawyer and Julius Grey, human rights lawyer, moderated by Christine Williams,
- David Bedein, Director, The Center for Near East Policy Research; Dr. Arnon Groiss, Associate, The Center for Near East Policy Research; and Brooke Goldstein, Executive Director, the Lawfare Project, and Founder, End Jew Hatred. “UNRWA Incites Violence Against Jews“
- Prof. Eugene Kontorovich. Unpacking Israel and International Law
- Whose Land? History and Current Situation.
Antisemitism: Demonization, Double Standards, Delegitimization
- Rusi Jaspal : The Changing Face of Antisemitism: Insights from Social Psychology
- Gerald Steinberg: NGOs, Antisemitism, and the IHRA Working Definition
- Miriam F. Elman: Left Antisemitism in the United States: How Jewish Groups Give Cover to the anti-Zionist Movement
- Sina Arnold : Antisemitism and the Contemporary American Left
- Ambassador Danny Ayalon and Brigadier General (res.) Amir Avivi How is the war in Ukraine impacting Middle East countries? Antisemitism at the University of Toronto
- Hillel Neuer, Executive Director of UN Watch “A Nation That Dwells Alone: The Demonization of Israel at the U.N.”
- Anne Herzberg and Josh Kern : The Apartheid Calumny: Antisemitism and the Instrumentalization of International Law
- Jonathan Greenblatt, It COULD Happen Here. Why America Is Tipping from Hate to the Unthinkable—and How We Can Stop It ADL.
- Holly Huffnagle (American Jewish Committee) “What Works? Successful Interventions to Counter Antisemitism”
- James Sinkinson, President, Facts and Logic About the Middle East Winning the Fight Against Antisemites
- Ilan Sinelnikov Introducing Palestinian Apartheid Week Thursday
Problems for Jews on Campus
- Blake Flayton, Kylie Unell, and Rabbi Zuckerman So you Want to be a Zionist?