Here’s what’s happening with our group. Our meetings include very rich and insightful conversations on books, movies, published articles and webinars that we have attended relating to Racism and Social Justice. We all are enjoying building friendships while learning and building community together.
- Members have attended First United Methodist Church zoom discussions with people from all over the United States. The topic is Racism. We hope to maintain our connection and possibly work on projects together in the future.
- We have decided to go ‘back at school’ and are researching and learning about Critical Race Theory. What it is and what it isn’t. The discussions will be very interesting.
- Some members are attending meetings to help develop and support a new Ethnic Studies curriculum at Santa Rosa City Schools in support of equity in education.
- Members have been attending webinars including one on Race-Consciousness through the USCJ (United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism), and another through CAMERA, (the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America) on Anti-Racism and Anti-Semitism with presenter, Pastor Dumisani Washington.
- We hope to invite speakers to CBA who represent the Hispanic and Native American communities of Sonoma County in the future.
- We also hope to have more community conversations for our members, including one on Judaism and how its teachings are rooted in Social Justice.