- View the Year Round School Calendar for the 19-20 Calendar
- View the 19-20 Parent Handbook
- Identification and Emergency Information
- Enrollment Contract
- Pre-Admission Health History
- Physician’s Report
Caregiver Background Check
Field Trip Permission
- Photo Release Form
Consent for Emergency Medical
“It was amazing to see the transformation of my daughter during her time at Beth Ami Nursery. She not only learned valuable social and emotional skills, but they showed her how to be a better human being.”
Mom of Amelia and Seth
Emergency Preparedness Clothing Kits
At the start of the school year, we collect emergency preparedness clothing kits to store at school in the event of an emergency. The instructions for the kit are provided at the beginning of the year in the Parent Handbook. You may collect your child’s previous year’s kit at our year-end potluck picnic. If your child is staying for the summer program, you may update your kit at that time.
Download the Emergency Preparedness Kit Form
We are a kosher, peanut-free facility. See the following for a multitude of lunch ideas, which we’ve collected by observing our children’s lunches every day.
Each Friday, one family from each class provides challah dough for the class to make during the morning. See below for a quick and easy challah recipe. Remember, don’t bake it at home! Just bring in the dough!
Download Lunch Ideas for Beth Ami
Download Challah Recipe
Work hours and opportunities
There are important ways parents can be involved in the nursery school. To ensure the success of our school, each nursery school family is responsible for a minimum of five hours of work time per student for the academic year. Parents who are unable to fulfill work hours may instead donate $20.00 per hour, up to $100.00. At Back to School Night, we will hand out a list of a variety of work opportunities that are available throughout the year.
Here is a list of activities that count toward the five parent work hours:
- Working in garden
- Working on the annual fundraiser (planning, organizing, setup/cleanup, etc.)
- Working during annual fundraiser (i.e. serving, cashing out auction winners…)
- Doing prep work for teachers (cutting out paper crowns, making fabric boards, etc.)
- Office work
- Cleaning/organizing classrooms
- Fixing/building structures in and out of classroom
- Scholastic Books parent for the classroom
- Making food for teacher meetings or special school events (you will be notified when cooking for particular events is requested).
- Set up/working during event/clean up for any of the Jewish Events for our Nursery School Community (i.e. Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, Simchat Torah, Channukah, Tu B’Shevat, Purim Carnival, and Passover)
- One hour is given for driving/chaperoning a field trip
Feel free to ask teachers to give you something that you could work on at home (i.e. Preparation for in-class projects).
Please note that all parent work hours need to be completed by the end of April. If the five hours are not completed, $100 will be added to your May bill and charged to your card on file unless you make other arrangements (or $20/hour for each hour not completed). A parent volunteer will keep track of your hours (check with the office). Please provide the volunteer with the hours you’ve completed, the dates, and the name of the activities.
There are different ways you can contribute to the Parent Committee and we are always looking for people to step up to the plate. The Parent Club meets once a month, usually at 9:15 am after drop-off. Everyone is welcome to join the committee or just attend a meeting to see how you can help.
The Parent Club works on fundraising, events for parents, kids, and the whole family, parent education, and class playdates. The club also acts as the liaison between the director and the parents as a whole, gathering feedback and getting out important communications.
Each family is warmly encouraged to participate in our annual fundraisers. We rely on this support to keep our ratios low and class sizes small. Parents can help by contributing to and bidding on the silent auction, donating food and wine, volunteering to set up or clean up, buying tickets and bringing friends, and coming and having fun!
- Annual Parents Night Out Fundraising event and silent auction! This is our primary fundraiser for the year.
- Sukkot Festival
- Art Cars
- Dine and Donate
- eScrip – Register for the eScrip program and support BACNS! Log in to www.escrip.com and go to “sign up”. Designate our group to receive contributions. Our group id is 500021212. Register your grocery club cards and your debit, ATM, and credit cards. This needs to be updated and reactivated annually.
- BACNS endowment fund – an investment in the school’s future
Family Events/Community Building
- Kid Power Workshops
- Parent Education
- Evening Gatherings
- Kindergarten Information Night
- PJ lIbrary, Tot Shabot
- Beth Ami and You
- Sukkot, Chanukah, and Pesach Celebration
- Back to School Night and Open House
Beth Ami Community Nursery School is supported by the Jewish Community Federation (JCF) of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties, as well as Jewish Learning Work and First Five Sonoma County.