Registration for the 2019/2020 School Year
and Summer Has Begun!
Priority registration for current families: 01/21/19 to 02/01/19
Open Enrollment for New Families: 02/04/19 to 02/15/19
Enrollment ends March 1st, 2019
Our tuition for the 19/20 School Year will be updated in the following weeks.
Please call our office at 707-360-3030 for details and to set up a tour. Below, you will find the application, tuition schedule and fees, and important registration dates available for download. BACNS welcomes all preschool aged children and their families in the community, regardless of religious affiliation. Potty training is not required for entry.
Call for information about available spots for the current school year.
Families wishing to enroll should submit a completed application via Google Forms and a $100 nonrefundable application fee for each child returning or new to the school. Please contact us to arrange a tour either before or after filling out the application form.
Please Note that Links Below will be activated on 01/21/19
- 2019-20 Enrollment Application (Google Form)
- 2019-20 Tuition Schedule
- 2019-20 Important Dates
- 2019-20 Year Round School Calendar
Previous Year’s Links
- 2018-19 Enrollment Application
- 2018-19 Tuition Schedule
- 2018-19 Important Dates – Application, Registration, Payment
- 2018-19 DRAFT Year Round School Calendar– USE FOR 2018-19 School Year and 2019 Summer
Upon notification of admission or placement, a placement guarantee (non-refundable) of 10% of your annual CORE tuition is due by May 15th, 2019 (or, if application is submitted after May 16th, within 30 days of application). This fee is applied to tuition.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Monday January 21, 2019 — Application process begins for
Wednesday May 1, 2019–Summer applications due. After this date, we cannot give refunds for dropped days for summer sessions 1 &2. Adding days may be possible after this point if staffing allows
Wednesday May 15, 2019— Placement Guarantee Payment due (10% of annual tuition)
Friday June 14, 2019—Deadline to drop days for a refund for summer sessions 3 &4. Adding days may be possible after this point if staffing allows
Monday June 10, 2019–First Day of Summer Camp
Saturday June 15, 2019–Summer Payment #1 (Sessions 1 & 2 CORE tuition)
Monday July 1, 2019– Summer EDC Payment #1 (Sessions 1 & 2 EDC)
Monday July 15, 2019— Summer Payment #2 (Sessions 3 & 4 CORE tuition)
Thursday August 1, 2019–Summer EDC Payment #2 (Sessions 3 & 4 EDC)
Registration for Summer begins when Fall Registration begins, but extends longer. Please get Summer applications in by Wednesday May 1st, 2019.
- 2019 Summer Application
- 2019 Summer Session Fees and Dates (Coming Soon!)
Here’s what we’ve added in recent years to keep our high quality program innovative, relevant and accessible:
- New 2019: Brightwheel App & Billing Software: Beth Ami has begun using Brightwheel, an all-in-one app that does everything from sign in/out, to billing, to parent/teacher communication. Every bit of information you could need about your Beth Ami experience at your fingertips!
- New 2018: Streamlined Schedule and Tuition Tiers: We have created new streamlined schedule choices and tuition tiers so that scheduling your child to fit their needs is easier than ever.
- Extended Care Hours for all students (as early as 7:30 a.m. and as late as 5:30 p.m. daily)
- Yom Tov Holiday Camps: BACNS celebrates all national holidays and Jewish holidays. Jewish holidays fall on different dates each year, and the preschool is closed on those dates. To accommodate those who need childcare during Jewish holidays, BACNS is offering care on Sukkot, Shemini Atzeret, and Simchat Torah. These camps are indicated on the school calendar.
- Drop-In Days: Students who are currently enrolled at BACNS may “drop in” on a day when they are not usually scheduled to attend IF we have space on that day. “Drop-in” days must be pre-arranged with the director, are subject to availability, and will be charged at a rate of $45 per day for the CORE school day.
- 2-5 day options for 2-year-olds: The two’s room is now open 5 days a week!
- A dynamic Parent Club: Started by parents in 2013-14, this is a way for you to be actively engaged with other parents, teachers and the Director, planning programs, providing feedback and supporting the magic that happens at our preschool.
- Advisory Committee: Started by the director in 2014-15, and comprised of parents, experts in the field of early childhood education, and community members, the Advisory Committee works with the director on school policy, the parent handbook, etc. Please see the director if you are interested in joining the committee.
- Scholarships (limited) provided for ALL families in the preschool program, based on financial need, provided by the Jill Tager Scholarship Fund (CBA) and Jewish Community Federation (JCF.) Deadline for application is June 1, 2019. Ask for an application at the BACNS office or download and print from below.
“Beth Ami Nursery School is an exceptional preschool that provided our 4-year-old daughter with a nurturing and stimulating environment where she was able to truly express herself.”
Dad of Nila and Eli
In the event of full enrollment, priority in registration will be as follows:
- Continuing students (those in current classes)
- Siblings of a concurrently enrolled student
- Siblings of previously enrolled students
- New students whose families are members of ANY synagogue
- New students who have at least one Jewish parent
- New students
Although we try to adhere to the local school age guidelines below, we are flexible with ages. Please contact us if you have any questions. To enter the Twos program, a child must turn 2 years old by November 1st or the current school year. A child will be able to begin school after his/her second birthday, so children with autumn birthdays may have to wait a bit before joining their classmates. (In order to reserve a spot in the two’s, tuition discounts are not available for those with fall birthdays). To be enrolled in the Threes program, a child must be three by November 1. To enroll in the Fours program, a child must be four by November 1. (The Director will decide on any exceptions to these guidelines after consultation with staff and parents.)
Our goal is to best serve each child and family in the school. It is therefore important that each child is:
- Ready for the group experiences a nursery school has to offer
- Able to benefit from the program offered
In following the Americans with Disabilities Act, please discuss your child’s needs with the Director so that we are aware of any special circumstances. Full disclosure before admission is critical in order for us to best meet your child’s needs. Admission may be reversed if the information submitted is found to be inaccurate or incomplete and this results in our inability to provide for your child’s needs.
The staff works thoughtfully and diligently at the complex process of determining placement of the children in each classroom. Multiple criteria are considered in making these decisions which include, but are not limited to: parents’ desired schedule of days, specific parent requests, age and development of each child, the unique individuality of each child, gender balance and returning friend peer groups. We carefully attempt to honor requests; however the final decision is determined by the staff.
A complete and current individual file on each child will be maintained and updated annually at the Nursery School. The file will consist of:
- Identifying information
- Child’s social and developmental history
- Child’s medical history
- A physician’s pre-admission report, including required immunizations or a waiver signed by the parents and physician, an emergency release form, a general field-trip permission slip, and an Admission Agreement signed by a parent.
- Ages and Stages Questionnaire
This file will also contain three statements signed by a parent indicating that he or she has read this Parent Handbook, the Personal Rights sheet, and the Parents’ Rights sheet. All of these documents must be on file before a child begins school.
Tuition may be paid either in full prior to the start of the school year or in 9 equal payments starting August 15 and ending April 15. The tuition schedule for 2019-20 will be updated very soon!
- 2019-20 Tuition Schedule Coming Soon!
Extended Day Care
Extended Day Care is available daily for ALL of our students starting at 7:30 a.m. and ending at 5:30 p.m. Extended Care schedules are individualized to fit your family’s needs and are billed separately from tuition on the first of each month for the month prior.
See the Tuition schedule above for fees and scheduling information.
Scholarships may be available and are made possible by the Jill Tager Scholarship Fund and the Jewish Community Federation. Scholarships are open to all families in need.
Scholarship applications are due on Monday, July 2 prior to the school year in question. Families who enroll after July 2 or who miss the deadline may submit a scholarship application on a wait-list basis, in case new funds become available.
Download the scholarship application here:
Scholarship Application 2019-20
Beth Ami Community Nursery School is supported by the Jewish Community Federation (JCF) of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties, as well as Jewish Learning Works and First Five Sonoma County.