CONGREGATION BETH AMI IS NOT ACCEPTING FURTHER APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION AT THIS TIME
Congregation Beth Ami (CBA) is a warm, welcoming 180-family Conservative synagogue in Santa Rosa, California–the heart of Sonoma County wine country–60 miles north of San Francisco. Founded in 1943, CBA continues to enrich the lives of its members through its deeply rooted Jewish traditions of celebration, learning, education, and prayer. We are a community rich in diversity, with many working committees and outstanding volunteers. We seek a warm, energetic, innovative Executive Director to join our leadership in advancing the growth of our synagogue community. Beth Ami is eager to welcome an Executive Director who will also be an active member of our Beth Ami family.
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the day-to-day management of the organization and the implementation of the policies of the Board of Directors (Board), to whom s/he reports. The ED works closely with Rabbi and President to meet the Mission and Vision of Congregation Beth Ami (CBA).
The ED manages CBA’s fiscal administrative affairs, coordinates congregational activities and programs, supervises Director of Beth Ami Community Nursery School (BACNS), and oversees the maintenance of the physical plant and grounds. The ED provides direction and works collaboratively as a team leader to encourage, motivate, and enable volunteers and members. The ED trains and supervises personnel and contractors to achieve a high-functioning organization.
This position is approximately 30 hours/week, with hours varying based on programming needs.
- Implement synagogue policies as established by the Board of Directors.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and monthly financial reports.
- Supervise bookkeeping, maintenance of congregational funds, and collection activity.
- Assist in the administrative aspects of fund-raising.
- Coordinate and supervise office staff. Engage vendors and sign contracts as necessary.
- Coordinate the calendar of congregational and community activities.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of CBA, including facility use, repair, and maintenance.
- Maintain positive relationships with members, staff and community.
- Promote CBA’s participation in and support of programs in the Sonoma County Jewish community and the community at-large.
- Attend and participate in Board and congregational meetings.
Education and Experience
- 4-year university degree or equivalent in experience
- 3-5 years progressively responsible administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Experience in financial management, human resources, facilities management, and computer systems
- Jewish knowledge sufficient to understand the workings of a Conservative synagogue
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to work as a team member
- Organization and administrative skills with attention to detail
- Program and project management, including budgeting
- Marketing skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are offering a competitive salary ($47,000-$52,000) commensurate with candidate’s background, experience, and qualifications.
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org